Ontario's Seniors deserve the best yet we know more is needed to ensure all Ontarian’s can lead dignified fulfilling lives no matter their age, ability or income. Ontario needs a new comprehensive vision for Long Term Care, based on thousands of conversations with Ontarians about the long overdue changes we need to see including:
- Overhauling home care to help people live at home longer.
- Valuing people’s lives and dignity over corporate profits by making all long-term care public and not-for-profit
- Building small, modern, family-like homes in all parts of the province
- Staffing up with full-time, well-paid, well-trained caregivers
- Making family caregivers partners, not just visitors
- Creating affirming care that is culturally responsive and inclusive
- Clearing the wait list so nobody has to wait years for a bed, and even longer for a culturally appropriate home.
- Guaranteeing new and stronger protections, including comprehensive inspections and a Seniors’ Advocate
If you agree with the call to provide public and not-for-profit quality care to seniors please sign my petition here: https://www.sandyshawmpp.ca/carenotprofit
Thank you to everyone who attended my office's Town Hall this past November!