Ontario's Seniors deserve the best yet we know more is needed to ensure all Ontarian’s can lead dignified fulfilling lives no matter their age, ability or income.
Join me this Thursday from 6-7pm for a virtual Long Term Care Town Hall to talk about a new comprehensive vision for Long Term Care, based on thousands of conversations with Ontarians about the long overdue changes we need to see including:
- Overhauling home care to help people live at home longer.
- Valuing people’s lives and dignity over corporate profits by making all long-term care public and not-for-profit
- Building small, modern, family-like homes in all parts of the province
- Staffing up with full-time, well-paid, well-trained caregivers
- Making family caregivers partners, not just visitors
- Creating affirming care that is culturally responsive and inclusive
- Clearing the wait list so nobody has to wait years for a bed, and even longer for a culturally appropriate home.
- Guaranteeing new and stronger protections, including comprehensive inspections and a Seniors’ Advocate
If you are interested in joining us this Thursday please email email@example.com to RSVP. If you agree with the call to provide public and not-for-profit quality care to seniors please sign my petition here: https://www.sandyshawmpp.ca/carenotprofit